There once was a dog who did run, Through a sludgy, wet puddle for fun, But she soon ceased to laugh, When her dad shouted: "Bath!" Now her fun was all over and done!
When I was a kid, my dad used to tell us these ridiculous ‘book’ jokes.
They involved a made-up book title, followed by an appropriate author!
Here are the ones I can remember… plus a few more that I’ve either made up, or discovered along the way.
Your challenge (should you choose to accept it): Think up some more of your own and then add them in the comments section below!
- ‘Piles In The Road’, by G. G. Dunnit
- ‘Overboard’, by Eileen Dover
- ‘Haunted House’ by Hugo First
- ‘Someone’s At The Door’ by Isabella Ringing
- ’20/20 Vision’ by Seymour Clearly
- ‘Race To The Outhouse’, by Will. E. Makit (with illustrations by Bettie Won’t)
- ‘Stray Bullet’ by Rick O’Shea
- ‘How To Fit A Carpet In Ten Easy Steps’ by Walter Wall
- ‘Stony Broke’ by Len D’Fiver
- ‘Baggy Trousers’ by Lucy Lastic
- ‘Tying The Knot’ by R. U. Shaw
- ‘Cowboy Builders’, by Bodgitt & Leggitt
- ‘Blind Date’, by Ron Day-Voo
- Dangerous Reptiles, by Al. E. Gator
- ‘Hole in the Roof!’ by Lee King
- ‘Late For School’ by Misty Bus
- ‘If Looks Could Kill’ by I. C. Stare
- ‘Chicanes’ by Ben D. Road
- ‘The Bull-Fighter’ by Matt Adore
- ‘Shocked To The Core!’ By Will I. D. Clare
I know….they’re absolutely dreadful. But they’re really fun to think up. How many can you come up with?